Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Princess Phone

I want one of these!!  




This one sold for only $12!



When I was a little girl, my mom had a Princess phone beside her bed.  It was adorable.  I'm pretty sure hers was blue.  



And, she had it on a nifty little stand just like this one. 


Back then, so many people had the exact same phone.  And, the exact same stand.  



Today there are so many more choices.  

With all the modern technology and the great phones we have these days, why aren't they cuter?
 
We all choose different decor themes, I like cottage and shabby, my daughter likes bohemian and modern.  But, our phone are almost the same.  What?  How does that work? Why aren't there more decorative phones available?  When you talked on a Princess phone you felt like a princess.  

This is my current phone. It speaks the number or name of the person who is calling, it can take a message, it can show me the phone number of who is calling or a history of who called, it has a list of commonly dialed numbers and soooo much more.  BUT..... What do you feel like on this phone?



Here are a few vintage ads for Princess phones....don't they make you want one right now?




If I do find a vintage Princess phone, will it even work?  Can you still use a rotary phone any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!