Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Skinny Story

I have a website that I named "My Skinny Story". What started out as a personal (VERY personal) journey...ended up being something that I felt compelled to share with others. The number 1 reason I felt "led" to share my weight loss story, is the fact that I have never forgotten how I felt, how I suffered and what it cost me. I searched for solutions, tried so many things, that I think I was in a place of "lost hope". I wasn't even praying for a solution....I was too far gone for that. Maybe you think that the words I am using are too serious. And, I suppose that they may be. But, that is how I felt. My sadness wasn't all about my weight or how I looked, I would have thought that it was, but I know in retrospect that my sadness was an accumulation of so many things. Old tapes playing in my head from people and times past. Probably age catching up to me.

Like so many things in life, the solution...found me. Isn't it funny how it happens that way sometimes? I have a new button on the right hand side of my blog, if you want to read the "whole" story, click on it.

Lest you think that losing weight made my life perfect, allow me to relieve you of that erroneous thought. My kids still cause drama in my life. I still have insecurities. I still have plans to better myself. And, I still have to work at keeping that weight from coming back. It's just easier now.

Maybe there is someone out there in blogger land that is looking for me and my story, the same way that I was once looking....well...I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. You look great and thanks soooo much for touting me onto your little secret. I "love" my great results too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!