Monday, October 13, 2008

Knit Knit Knit...when will it ever get finished?

What will this be when it grows up? It is supposed to become a lovely sweater. I had such enthusiasm and high hopes in the beginning. Now, it seems like it's taking forever. Okay, I admit it, I don't seem to give it enough time and attention. It's my first sweater, EVER. And, there are so many boo boos in it that I am already coming up with creative ideas to disguise them...we'll see. Am I going to keep knitting in my "wanna be" list of endeavors? The jury is still out. I so admire those great creations by knitting MASTERS...I guess I have to stick with it to get better. The yarn is really soft, I mean REALLY soft, and I love to wear soft things. There is still hope. Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

  1. Well Stephanie...I admire you for starting this sweater...you've gotten further with it then I would..LOL I finally learned to stick to rather smallish creations because I always get caught up in the embellishments..I've been crocheting for about 16 years and have done a little knitting and want to do more (one day, "sigh"). Good luck on this. :0)

    Stephanie
    Queen of Dreamsz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie...Thanks so much for visiting my blog today...Good luck with your sweater...I used to knit, but it kind of left one of my wrists in bad shape, and it made me nervous! Sewing seems to work better for me, but I love hand knit items, and purchase them when I can...Take care, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this! i know how you feel. my first two sweaters felt the same way...lots of mistakes, I so wanted to be in love after all the hard work! It is such a good learning experience, and I know it will look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!