Sunday, April 1, 2012

I won the Lottery!!

I wish!!

Today is April Fools Day and I love reading all the crazy statements my friends are making on Facebook.



I actually DID buy two lottery tickets.  And, I imagined what it would be like to win a gazillion dollars.  I think it was over 400,000 or something like that.  Everywhere I went for the last few days, people were talking about the lottery.  I heard that a famous basketball player spent $10,000 on tickets!  (and he didn't win)  



We all talked about what we would do if we won the money.  

What would YOU do?  First thing.  What would you do? 


I said that the first thing I would do is hire a lawyer!  And, then I would start talking to rich people to get advice.  Of course, I would want to buy things!  And, I would want to share with my family.  

I allowed myself to dream and wonder what it would be like to have all that money.  It would be fabulous in so many ways.  And, I also imagine that it would be terribly difficult too.  I heard someone call in a financial show a while back.  She won the lottery and was asking his advice.  She told him about all the people who were calling her for help.  So many sad stories about people who were dying and needed an operation etc.  How hard would that be?  His advice to her was to make managing her money her full time job.  He told her to take classes and become an expert.  None of us ever think that there might be a downside to winning, right?


I almost didn't want to check my numbers.  As soon as I checked them, the wondering, the dreaming would end.  

As I was pondering the "what would I do" part, I realized that I am very lucky.  I love my life.  And, I believe that all things are possible.  With or without the lottery.  I feel so blessed to live in a free society where we can all pursue our dreams.  And, any one of us can become rich!  There are no limits except for the ones that we set for ourselves.  I love my house, my car, my family.  Yep.  Pretty lucky.  And, I get to work from home.  My commute is literally down the hall.  And, the dress code is pretty sweet....I can wear whatever I want.  The main part of my work is coaching my team of business partners to reach their dreams.  I think of it as a business of "dream fulfillment".  So, in a way, I am pretty much constantly thinking about what I would do if I won the lottery.  Because I have.  I have all the opportunity I could wish for.  Thankfully my business provides a steady stream of income that continues to grow.  And, it's waaaaaay more dependable than any lottery.  

My business....



 

Counting my blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!