Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Feeling Groovy

I was getting ready for a party last weekend that our band was playing for (check out my band blog), the party was Hippie themed.

I decided that my hair do would be to part my hair down the middle and straighten it.  After I was finished, I had deja vu.  This is the exact hair do I wore in high school.  I was class of 77.  We didn't have curling irons or flat irons.  The "Blow Dryer" had just come out! 

I don't have naturally straight hair.  In high school, to have straight hair, I used to lay my head on the ironing board and iron my hair with the iron.  

I burned my head a couple of times because if you didn't get real close to the scalp, you would have a bump.  Yuck.  No bumps please.  I finally came up with a little technique of holding a comb next to my scalp and that worked.  It took FOREVER to accomplish this. 

Now....What a treat to be able to straighten my hair with a flat iron.  So fast....so easy!!  And, no injuries!!

When we first started doing the Hippie Themed shows, I had to get an outfit to wear.  I did some research and came up with either wearing "authentic" hippie clothes, which are kind of a free for all, no shoes and not all that "showy" or a "costume" which might be more entertaining.   I chose "costume".  

I have a costume that I got from Ebay last summer.  It was much too revealing for me, so I did some adjusting.  I added a waistband...these pants were waaaaay too low for this Grandma!  And, the top didn't cover up much at all.   I added some "fringe" to the top and some beads here and there.  I've been tinkering with it over the last year.

I had added some beads to the sleeves, but many of them fell off.  So, I sat down to  replace them with something better.  

First I decided to bring my supplies out to the deck and enjoy the nice weather.



I looked at my choices and picked some beads that I thought would be perfect.



And, some wonderful refreshment...a shake...not just any shake...read all about it here.



Taa daa!   Just right!  




If we keep doing the Hippie Theme, I'm going to need a new costume, because I'm getting tired of this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!