Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lightning Show


Last night we were on our way home from the valley. As we drove up toward the mountains we were treated to an enormous Lightning show. It was bright and far reaching. It was all hubby could do to keep his eyes on the road.

When we reached the foothills, we pulled over to a spot that we thought would have a nice view and parked the car. It's just a place on the side of the road. We looked around and there was at least a dozen other cars doing the same thing. People were standing, sitting and talking. Someone had a radio playing. It was like being at a drive in movie!

The lady in the car next to ours asked me if I had ever seen anything like it!! I said "not around here". I've seen those kind of storms in other parts of the country...but it's out of the ordinary in this area.

I tried to video tape it, but it was all black. Leave it to the outstanding artistry of my photographer husband to capture it:



In the foreground was the lights from a car nearby, the bright light in the sky is the lightning.

Even today, people were talking about it.


.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing...great photo by hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool you got a photo of it! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an amazing photo...I just love it...Hubby did a great job..
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!