Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting Ready For Summer


In my mind, I've been ready for summer for months!!  And, now the weather has finally warmed up.  Ah.  All those cold winter days I spent imagining sitting out on the deck in the sun are over.  Now, it's the real thing.  Today, I sat out there for a short break and actually got HOT.  Wow.  Yay!


I still haven't changed over my wardrobe from winter to summer.  It's past time and I plan to do it right after I write this post.  I wish I could have all new clothes every season.  Is that what rich people do?  Alas, I will pull out the same clothes as last year.  I did get a few new things for Mother's Day (thanks hubby), so it's not all old.  I'm tired of my winter clothes and I will be happy to pack them away.  I noticed on my scale that I collected some unwanted extra pounds.  I surely don't want those for the summer.  I went on two cleanse days and dropped six pounds.  Whew.  So, now I can pull out those summer clothes and they will fit just fine.


I also got out the sunless tanning lotion.  I can't get a tan any other way.  And, I like being tan.  It's just so easy to put on some lotion and like magic I have a tan.  My favorite is Estee Lauder.  I've tried them ALL!  If you decide to try it, get the "tinted" kind.  It's great because you can see it as you put it on and you don't have to worry about getting it uneven.  Always wash your hands after you apply.  You don't need "tan" palms do you?
One of my favorite parts about spring is the daisies.  A long time ago I scattered some flower seed in a flower bed in front of my house.  The only thing that came up was the daisies.   Every year I take the seeds from the flowers and scatter them back in and every year I get more and more daisies.  They are a very cheerful flower.  I'm a terrible gardener and daisies require no skill to grow.


I love fresh air.  I love to open the windows.  I can't get enough of that.  I often wonder about big places like Walmart and the grocery store.  They never air out the place do they?
We already got out the summer furniture, the ping pong table and the BBQ.  Things have been so busy, that we haven't had a chance to do much with them, but it's coming.
Yes. I"m ready for summer.  I look forward to hot summer days, and I still reserve the right to complain about the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!