Sunday, January 24, 2010

We survived the storm

It's raining again. That is a whole lotta rain! The snow is melting and we avoided any major damage. A friend of mine posted a picture on Facebook of a huge oak tree that fell at his place and that same day the picture showed up on the Sacramento News stations (2 of them!).


In the midst of all this WINTER are signs of spring....the daffodils are starting to come up!


We lost our electricity twice. One day for a couple of hours the other day was six. My handy friend here is my "wind up" radio. It sure does make my arm sore, but it's nice to have. You just wind the crank of the side and the radio comes on.


This is my old phone. I keep it in the cupboard just for when the power goes out. It has a really long cord. I was chatting with a girlfriend and I told her that I couldn't talk anymore because I couldn't keep HOLDING the phone up to my ear. I am so spoiled by my headset!


I found a few things to do while the power was out. This doesn't take any electricity:


Tomorrow the One World One Heart begins! Come back and see what I am giving away!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!