Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My fun Valentine date

What a busy day!  So many things all landed on the same day today.  The best part was a wonderful Valentines Dinner with my sweetheart.  We went to our favorite local restaurant, Thomi's,  for a special Valentines menu.  Being that we live in a small town, we ran in to several people that we know.  I love that!  

We ordered Filet Mignon and Lobster.  Neither of us had ever had lobster before and it was yummy!!  I wish I had taken a picture of the meal.  And, we had the most delicious desert.  I'm going to have to give up eating all week just to make up for it.  

Throughout dinner we were entertained by a solo artist, guitar and singer, named Dana.  He was fabulous!  He played one favorite after another.  He's a real pro and knew just how to target his audience.  Since joining a band, hubby and I look at these things differently.  We were checking out his equipment and watching his moves.  He was soooo good.  We stayed for a while and visited with the owners who are also friends of ours.  

They told Dana about our band and he pulled Steve in to his act with his harmonica.  We were still loaded up from our last practice, so he had all his gear and was happy to play.  Here is a little sample:



I sang too, but I don't have a video to show you.  I'm happy to sing songs that I KNOW.  And, I did do that.  But, he played one I didn't know and I felt pretty embarrassed at trying to sing it.  It's hard to step out of the old comfort zone.  

I feel lucky to have a sweetheart to share not only Valentine's Day, but every day.  After all these years, he is still the one person I like spending my time with the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!