Sunday, February 26, 2012

Soroptimist Tea Party

It was a beautiful day outside (this can't be FEBRUARY!), the perfect day for a tea party.

Blue Table Setting
I was invited to return as MC for the Jackson Soroptimist Tea and Fashion Show.  I did this last year and had a fabulous time.  I was honored to be asked back again.  I'm not a member of the Soroptimist.  they are a wonderful group of ladies who know how to have fun.  

I was nervous before the event. I couldn't figure out what to wear.  I bought a new dress, but I ended up wearing an old favorite.  I had a bad hair day.  The script was written by the coordinator, Angela, and I wanted to read it just the way that she wrote it.  I usually talk pretty fast, but I knew that I would need to talk slow for this and that was a challenge.  All in all, my part turned out okay.  Whew.  In fact, I think I was just getting the hang of it at the very end

Easter Table Setting

The theme was chosen by Angela, it was based on the Calendar Girls that posed semi nude for charity and raised a lot of money (and many eyebrows too!).  She did a great job organizing the music, the models and she even decorated two of the tables. Hats off to her for a great job.

The tables were all decked out each with it's own unique theme.  To go with the Calendar Girls theme, each table represented a month.  There were so many great ideas decorating these tables, I'm going to share just a few.






 
Green Table setting
Many of the ladies wore hats.  Sometimes I wish we still wore hats and gloves.  Oh, and matching shoes and purses.  Wouldn't that be fun?  There was a fashion show, but the ladies in attendance could have been the fashion show.


glass snack trays



Valentines Day Table Setting with Hearts

 It felt so nice to be in such a beautifully decorated place.  Everyone was dressed so pretty!











Red Table Setting
 

This red table is the table that I sat at.  We all agreed that we would like to have a pair of REAL shoes just like these pretty little ornaments!


 
My friend, Debbie won this gift basket.  It's funny because it's all about cats, and Debbie LOVES cats.


And, the little girls that were all dressed up....too too precious!

The food was scrumptious!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!