Saturday, February 11, 2012

Skull necklace

I wanted to make a special necklace for a friend for her birthday.  We are not really close and so I don't know a lot about her. I do know that she is a writer.  I couldn't think of anything that would reflect that.  A quill pen charm would have been nice.  I also know that she likes penguins, but I couldn't find any of those either.  And, I think she writes about ghosts.  That is what gave me the inspiration.

My idea was to make a necklace with skulls.  I was hoping to find some crystal skulls or something "steampunk", I'm not even sure I understand steampunk!  But, finding skulls was proving impossible.  I was about to give up and just make a generic necklace, when after visiting all my favorite bead supply stores, I found THEM!  SKULLS!  Not crystal, but very pretty silver.

My hope was that the skulls would be a secret surprise that you would have to look close to even notice.  I think it turned out.  

In fact, I like it so much, I think I will try to find some more skulls and make one for myself!  I don't know if this was her thing after all, but I enjoyed making it for her.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!