Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Let's make a new necklace (out of an old one!)

Are you ready to make some new jewelry?  If you have been following my blog, you already know that I LOVE to make new things out of old things.  

I found two necklaces at a yard sale,  I took them apart to get the beads.







Here are my instructions on how to make the necklace using chain, beads and O rings.

I took a pin (this pin is made for jewelry making), placed a small bead, large bead, small bead on it.










Then I bent the pin with my pliers and snipped off the excess.  Next I curled the pin to make a loop.



I repeated that process until all the beads were done.



Next, I took an 0 ring and I opened it and used it to attach the bead to a chain.




I alternated large and small beads. For a little extra bling, I added some small silver beads close to the chain. 
I made a necklace for ME and.....I made another one for YOU! I also made a bracelet for myself out of the left over beads.  I can't wait to wear it!  It will go with everything. 



Yes, that's right!  I'm giving this away.   I will write a separate post letting you know how you can enter to win this necklace and earrings set.


Did you like the instruction to go along with the necklace?  I really want to try my hand at making a video.  Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!