Monday, March 26, 2012

My Online Neighborhood

It's raining.  again.  We really need it, we've hardly even had a winter at all. When it's raining, I just want to stay inside where it's warm and dry.  And, I can do that.  I have the luxury of working from home.  I've got my morning cuppa (not coffee...it's a shake), and my internet.  What more do I need?



I am so happy that I do not have to get up and go to an office.  But, I am a people person, and there is no one here but hubby (who also works from home).  My "watercooler" is the internet.  When you work in an office, you can talk to your co-workers.  When you work from home, you can go on Facebook and see what everyone is up to. 


Can you really make friends on line?  I say YES!  In fact, one of my dearest friends found me through my blog, and now we are in business together.  How fun is that?   


I think of the internet as my neighborhood.  Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, I enjoy interacting with people in all of these areas!  I like reading about their lives and what they like and don't like.  The internet is a wonderful place indeed.  My daughter even met her wonderful husband on the internet (Match).  

If you are new to Lulus Cottage, please feel free to look around.  And, I would love it if you would leave a comment, I would like to come visit you too!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steph~
    I've met some of my best and dearest friends through the internet..
    My world includes Weather Underground..not only excellent source for up to the minute weather.. but fabulous photos from around the world..posted by both amateur and pros.. have met with folks from there (Margo, Donna) and from blogging, Kat,NancyG,..
    wonderful folks!!
    just one word of caution..
    always follow your gut instinct..and take someone with you when meeting..always meet in a very PUBLIC place!!
    happy Monday!!!
    hugs..
    Loui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice!! I agree totally. I'm going to have to check out the Weather Underground. Sounds fun!

      Nice to meet you!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I am visiting you back from the Make My Morning Blog Hop (from Mama Writes) I love working from home and writing online too! And, yes, it's so cozy when it is raining outside! I have also met some great bloggers online, and have found that there is a lot of support on the internet! I will take writing my blog from home any day before a real office job! Our "watercooler" is lots of fun and full of interesting people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, Nice to meet a fellow writer! In fact, I am on the internet right now procrastinating because I am on a deadline!! Ugh. I love to write, but when I HAVE TO it's harder. Take Care.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!