Thursday, May 28, 2009

Walk?

All we have to do is say that word....and Pookie get's pretty darned excited. He loves his walk. This ritual happens several times each day. We don't have a fenced in area for him and even if we did, it would only protect him from running away, it would not protect him from any predators (am I paranoid?). So. we walk. Sometimes it's just me, sometimes it's just hubby. I really enjoy the time we go together. It's such a nice relaxing time to just reconnect and catch up. This picture is from our morning walk...it's my favorite one. What a wonderful way to start the day. It's crazy how loud it can be early in the morning...the birds are putting out quite a racket!!



The dogwoods are in bloom in the mountains. We only have a couple of them here. When we were in Yosemite a while back, they were in bloom EVERYWHERE!


I just love the changing seasons. The spring green is just incredible. So pretty!


When I walk Pookie, I just go down our road and come back. When I am with hubby, we go out to the place we call "the 10 acres"....how imaginative he he!! It's family property and there is nothing built on it. Kind of like a wild park. Pookie just loves it. It's not far, right next to our place.


My Mother-in-Law just called me. She had some guys come out and do some mowing out there the last couple of days. Yesterday, they heard something nearby. The fellow always has a shotgun with him, so he grabbed it and went to investigate. Right there, in the grass, just sitting there.....observing them....was a Mountain Lion. Yep. You heard that right. A Mountain Lion in my OWN backyard (so to speak). Many times, I have thought about walking out there by myself, and then I think...no...I'll wait until hubby is with me. My Dear Daughter walks out there every day (when she isn't traveling). She walks out there for exercise ...all by herself. Not good. Wait until I tell her about this!!

What happened next? Nothing really. He said the mountain lion just ran away.

Now my paranoia is re-categorized as healthy caution. Don't you think?


.


2 comments:

  1. I love your walk! Your poor doggie was waiting to go in the pics! hehe I hope you guys are careful on your walks now. Nountain Lion WOW! Thanks for the beautiful trip!
    hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in such a beautiful area!! I'd be a little freaked about the mountain lion...but you still live in a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!