Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pink Saturday Movie Review

.



Yesterday was a really good day. Dear Daughter was home and invited me over to watch a movie. It was "The Secret Life Of Bees".

She had already loaned me the book to read. It started out sad with a mean Dad, and I just didn't want to read it. While I wasn't excited about the movie, I couldn't resist a quiet afternoon at my daughter's spending time with her, so I went over to her house watch it.



I actually enjoyed the movie very much. The characters were just great. DD and I got to talk about history and I had the opportunity to share stories of the past with her. The house in the movie is a bright shade of PINK, perfect for Pink Saturday, don't you think. I won't tell you WHY the house is pink....get the movie and you will see.

Yes, yesterday was a good day. Everynight, I think about my day and look for things to be grateful for. You just never know what the future holds. Just before I go to sleep, I thank God for another day and count up all my blessings from the day. No matter what kind of day I had, I can always find something to be thankful for. Try it....it does wonders!!

Are you ready for MORE Pink??? Head on over to Beverly's and take the Pink Tour!



.

13 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! My DD is just 10 and we love to snuggle and take in a movie. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the movie and was entertained but I don't think I enjoyed it. The people were great I guess it's just a sad story. I loved the color of the house and why the one sister had picked it! That was fun!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day! I try to find something good in each day too.... never know how many are left! Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 11 yr old dd and I really liked that movie too. Happy Pink Saturday to you. Hope it is a good one. Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to see that movie - haven't got around to it yet- but I love that pink house! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie. Tq for visiting my blog. I love the pink house! Hope you had a great pink saturday.

    Lots of luv,
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post:)
    Happy Pink Saturday...

    yes we need to be a glass half full more often right?!!!Take a walk or putter in my garden...it seems to always clear my head:)and puts a smile on my face!

    I haven't seen the movie yet...

    Smiles,
    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i love that book...i really must see the movie now...i will put that at the top of my movie list! Thanks for stopping to visit me on Pink Saturday...what a lovely blog you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. our daughter has read the book and really liked it, the movie is one I have been waiting to watch, but somehow I have never gotten around to it. Thankyou for reminding me about it, happy pink saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Stephanie
    A day with your girl....I'd do just as you.
    Ive read the book but have yet to see the movie.The pink house is lovely.Yes I agree the attitude of gatitude will take one along way.
    Tracy (Graciegirl)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a good movie...and I loved the pink house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday, Stephanie.

    I am so with you on this. First, I read the book - and loved it. Then, I watched the movie - and loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!