Saturday, January 3, 2009

Pink Saturday!!


Wow!! PINK Saturday 2009! We are starting the year off in a very PINK way! Visit Beverly to see a whole lotta pink....click here

My craft room is spilling out in to the room next to it. What can I say?

This table was going in to storage, so I confiscated it!! I squeezed it in to my basement "everything goes" room. This table has seen it's better days. So, I looked through my things for something to cover it. What I found was this fabulous pink tablecloth. It's crochet and very large. I've had it forever...maybe 15 years and I bought it in an antique store, so it's been around a while.



I can't imagine how long this took to make!


I love looking at it whenever I walk by. It's Pink-delicious!


And, when the table is not being used....it folds up!! How handy is that? NO MORE sitting on the floor to cut out a pattern. Hey, I'm getting too old for sitting on the floor for anything!!

Happy Pink Saturday to you!! May your 2009 be filled with PINK!


.

15 comments:

  1. That's the perfect table to craft on! Love the pink crocheted table cloth covering it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is PINK!!! REAL PINK! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have seen a crochet table cloth in such a shade of pink....very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love old furniture! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Awesome tablecloth!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone worked for hours and hours on that tablecloth. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first pink Saturday... Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pink! And I am with you--at my age, sitting on the floor for any length of time is agonizing!
    Happy New Year, and Happy Pink!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday!!!
    and Happy New Year too:)
    Lovely table cloth...pretty in pink!

    Smiles,
    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Happy Pink Saturday..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love crocheting and have made 2 tablecloths..both pineapple designs. I would never attempt one with motifs..it must have taken ages to make. I collect vintage/older crochet books and I have this pattern..:). Happy pinks..have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect and pretty, too. My sitting on the floor days are about over.

    Happy Pink Saturday, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean about sitting on the floor. I sometimes can't get back up! LOL! I have a dark beige tablecloth. I think it has a similiar pattern as yours. I will have to check it out and compare. It is a big one. I should try it on my table. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice cloth. I can only imagine the woman hours that was put into it. Sometimes I think I need to rent an apartment for my crafts. :)ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a fabulous tablecloth! The epitome of '60s ('50s?) retro!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!