Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Flower Arrangement

inspiration pic
I saw a picture on Facebook of a pumpkin flower arrangement and I wanted it so badly!!  Here is the picture.  I wish that I could tell you where it came from and give credit where credit is due, but I don't know.  

It was just one of those "wish" kind of wants.  I wouldn't want to spend the money on real flowers and then they wouldn't last.  And, a pumpkin will go bad after a while too. 

But.....a fake pumpkin and fake flowers.  That would last.  In fact, I could use it year after year.  I looked at flowers in the craft store and nothing was calling to me.  So, I let it go.  

But, it just kept coming back to my mind.  I bought a pumpkin and I thought I would just cut the top off.  The label said "carve-able"....even better!  I didn't buy any new flowers.  I decided to use my stash.  That's what it's for, right?



 I asked hubby to carve it for me.  He was happy to do it. I bought one of those round balls in the floral department to hold the flowers. 

I went to my flower stash and pulled out everything that looked "fall".  I just started to stick flowers and some greenery in until I was satisfied.
 
 










Here is the result.  I love it!  I look forward to pulling it out year after year. 









Happy Fall decorating!! 

If you enjoyed my fall decorating idea....here is some more inspiration for you....Pink Saturday!  Click here and read all about it.  


6 comments:

  1. Your carved pumpkin is lovely. Don't you just love having a personal stash of every kind of season to pick from! Thanks for coming by and commenting on my fall booth.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love my stash...but sometimes it does get out of hand. Thanks for coming by!
      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Your version is great! Love the flowers you chose. Thanks for sharing from your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, nice to meet you! Thanks for following. I look forward to getting to know you.

      Stephanie

      Delete
  3. Love your color combination and it looks even better than the original,,, because it is your n own personal design.... I know you will enjoy this !!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!