Monday, October 8, 2012

Maternity Tutu


I was looking at photography websites and I saw some beautiful pictures of pregnant ladies with amazing full length tutus.  Here is the website, her photos are amazing: http://loridorman.com/  I wanted to try to take a similar picture of my daughter and I thought I could make a tutu for her.  I procrastinated as usual and suddenly time was running out.  My daughter came over and helped me make the tutu and then she posed for the picture.  I went online and got some great ideas for making the tutu and here is what we did.

I chose these colors because I LOVE THEM and I knew that they would look good on my daughter.




I made a quick measure of how long I wanted it to be and then I just laid out the fabric and started cutting in to strips.



I found some ribbon in my stash that looked good with the fabric and I started to tie the strips on to the fabric.  It took a few tries to get all the knots to face the same way.  Also,



I was tempted to pull too tightly on the knots.  They are much prettier when they are loose.  I just tied the end of the ribbons to keep it in place.


And, here is the tutu!  Lovely! (if I may say so myself!)



And, here is my beautiful daughter (9 months pregnant) posing for me.  



By the way....this is my first photo since taking my photography class.  I got flustered with the camera controls....I have sooooo much to learn!


Isn't she pretty?  Still my princess.  Now...for the baby!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!