Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Purse, her purse...OUR purse!

 Last Sunday I went shopping.  It's that time of year.  You know what I'm talking about?  If you don't buy your fall or winter clothes right now, they will all be gone.  Then, when it's REALLY winter and it's REALLY cold and you wish you could buy a warm sweater or a coat...well, all that you will find in the stores is swimsuits and sundresses!!  This is  how it seems to me!!  

So, I bought a few things to add to my closet for the fall weather AND I found the PERFECT purse. I have been on a search for the PERFECT purse for a really long time now.  Years.  And, here it was.  I just knew the minute I saw it.  Of course, it was waaaaay out of my budget.  Except....I had found a gift card for Macy's that I forgot I even had.  "Found Money".  That' what that was.  So, with the gift card, I thought I could afford it and I bought it.  

When I got to the parking lot, I switched to my new PERFECT purse and was feeling blissful.  A beautiful DESIGNER purse.  All mine.  Ah.  

And, then....I realized that my neck and shoulder were starting to hurt.  I even started to get a headache.  I realized that my PERFECT purse was too heavy

Maybe it was all the fabulous buckles, one of my favorite features. 


When I got home, I showed the purse to my daughter.  
She decided that SHE had to have it.  But, I DID tell you it was expensive, right?  So, she decided to put it on her Macy's card. 


We went shopping today.  
When I told the clerk at Macy's that I wanted to return the purse.  No problem.  Then my daughter said..."I would like to now buy that purse", the clerk was surprised, of course.  She even gave her 20% discount for using her Macy's card.  Woo Hoo!  

It's such a great purse that another customer wanted to buy it right then and there.  But, it was too late, dear daughter already had it.  

She wasted no time getting her stuff switched over!



I can't be jealous (well maybe a little), it looks great on her.  And, I can visit it anytime!!!

So, I am still on the hunt for the PERFECT purse.  Here is my latest idea.  
I think I will make one.  Remember this one?


I'm going to make one in BLACK.   So, it will go with everything.  And, I will make the new one bigger, because this pink one was too small.  

I bought some fabric today and I'm going to start knitting right away!  My hopes are high!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!