Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day Memories


I just realized that today is May Day.  I have the sudden urge to find a pole and decorate it with ribbon!  I remember when I was a little girl, we always celebrated May Day with a May Pole Dance.  Do they do that anymore?  Beautiful ribbons would be attached to the top of a pole (usually the tether ball pole) and each of us would hold a ribbon and dance back and forth as we skipped around.  The ribbons would weave together and get shorter and shorter.  I remember that I thought it was pretty and fun.  The boys didn't seem to care for it much tho.


Now that my kids are grown up, I am out of touch with what kids do these days.  It seems to me that little by little, so many traditions are disappearing.


I hope that they still have the children do the May Pole Dance!


Happy May Day to you!  Spring is here.  The sun is out.  The birds are singing.  I'm off to find some ribbon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!