Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving...then Christmas

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  My Dear Daughter prepared the turkey and pretty much most of the meal at her house.  It smelled WONDERUL in there!!  





I did my part.  I made yummy sweet potato casserole.  I'm not the best cook.  I would rather set the table!



And when it was all over, it was time for the transition to Christmas!!  One year as I was putting away my Christmas decorations, it just seemed so bare.  All I did when I decorated for Christmas was to add a few little knick knacks here and there and when I put them away, it just seemed so blah Sooooo.....



I had the idea of packing away all my normal decorations and only put out Christmas ones.  It's a chore, but it's worth it to me.  And, hubby.  One year, I told him I wasn't going to go "all out" with the Christmas decorations and he got all "sad" on me.  So, now I know who I'm decorating for!



And, he helps!  We keep all this stuff in the attic.  I unpack Christmas and pack the everyday stuff in those same boxes.


And there are a LOT of them!


I figured out that I should always save the boxes that things come in for packing and storing.


 I always wanted Christmas dishes.  I got these a few years ago from Kmart.  They were super affordable and I just love them.  After Christmas that year I went back and bought more at a huge discount.  So, now I have extra in the cupboard and at Christmas dinner I don't have to take these down to eat on!

And of course the fireplace.  All ready for Santa!


That's it for now....more to come!!  Are you all ready for Christmas?

5 comments:

  1. we will start next week getting it all together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pack away some of my stuff but haven't got brave enough to pack it all. Maybe next year. With as much Christmas stuff as I have, I really should. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your cabinet for displaying your dishes, how awesome is that.

    We did our holiday decorating yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I am so impressed. Great shelving display area. The dishes look great. We cut a tree and now have to decorate it later this evening, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Christmas Plates in the cabinet. It looks so beautiful! I am excited to see what else is in all those boxes!! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!