Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Home Office Tour

I have wanted to share my home office with you for a long time.  Reasons why I haven't:  it's always messy, I want to paint it, I need a rug, it's always messy.  I am not one of  'those' people for whom decorating comes easy.  I don't have the 'knack' and I know it.  It takes a lot for me to figure out what I like and making it happen is even harder.  But, I love this room.  Even with all it's flaws.  It has some truly wonderful characteristics and I enjoy the time (which is a lot) that I spend in here.  I work from home and I'm on my computer a lot.  I have several businesses that I run from here:  www.myskinnystory.com, www.crystalimagemusic.com, www.stephaniesemarketing.com and I work with my husband in his business: www.stevenfarrell.com.  So, I have good reason to be here for hours on end.  And, it's truly one of my favorite places to be.

Let's start with my view.  This is what I see from my own vantage point.


I actually do keep my desk cleared off a lot of the time, but that's because I shift everything to the shelf behind me!  Roses were from hubby for our anniversary. The bulletin board is my "vision board".  I wanted to re-do it and now it's been blank for a long time.  I DO have a vision for my life....goals, plans and dreams.  I'll have to get on that soon!
I also have a cute lamp that is not in the picture...darn. Here it is and you can also see my headset.  I'm lost without a headset!  Best thing ever!  






I don't know why those spots keep showing up in my pictures, ugh.  Behind my desk is another bulletin board with a little bit of everything on it.  Momentos mostly.  The shelves were here when I moved in 22 years ago and when they were built, the closet got blocked off and there is no door.  So, I put a curtain there.  I love that little window above the bulletin board.  This desk was one of those things that I had in my mind and when I found it, it was PERFECT!  



And, notice the cords?  Or lack thereof?  I posted about this a while back read it here.  Yep, I hid them. The two chairs go to my dining room set, it's  great place to store them.   I would love to put a rug in here.  I have a challenge with my little doggy and rugs....if anyone has advice on that...PLEASE let me know!



I love the window.  I'm enjoying looking out right now, it's raining.  It's always green and pretty.  And, it always makes me wish I was the gardener type, there is such potential there.  


This is the small wall between the closet and the door.  My daughter made the little picture hanging with pics of the two of us.  It was for my birthday and I treasure it.  Who says you have to buy an expensive gift?? 

I used to call this the Angel Room because the light switch has an angel on it.  



The bulletin board is more for looks and less for function.  I can't write on it...ever.  Shall I show you why?


It's a little message that my granddaughters wrote the last time that they were here.  I'm not going to erase that!!  They can erase it and write me a new message the next time they come....which will hopefully be soon.  I should call them right now!!


I love this little credenza.  I have matching end tables in my living room.  If I ever get a flat screen tv, I will get rid of that horrible entertainment center (hubby just had to have it years ago) and put this cute cabinet in the living room.  Ah, I wish!


Since I work on different projects, this is how I keep them separated.  These little file holders are so handy!!

One of the drawbacks of this room is that it gets really cold in here.  There is no heat source at all!  We use a wood burning stove in the living room, but it doesn't really reach in here.  So a space heater is crucial.  I've been through soooo many of them.  This is my latest and I think I have a winner!!  It's got a nice warm feel and not blowing hot air right at you!  Plus, it has an 'economy' button.  We'll see about that when the electric bill gets here!

Pookie likes it too!


What I would like to change in here.  I would like to have an area rug, it would be pretty and maybe keep it a little warmer.  I would paint all the trims white.  When I painted this room, I painted EVERYTHING with wall paint.  I just didn't know.  Even the door.  And, it's all lavender.  I would like white trim on the window, closet, door and drawers.  I even bought the paint.  


I want it to magically paint itself.  Or a painting fairy.  

So, there you have it.  My home office.  I would love to see yours!!

2 comments:

  1. if the painting fairy comes to see you please let it know I am next in line Love your home office you are so right we need wonderful places to work

    I am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Maybe you should get a second bulletin board for work, haha! Anyway, you have a very nice office. It seems like a comfortable place to be in, yet you'd still be able to do work there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Let's stay in touch, follow my blog or twitter and I will follow you!